Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Strays



My wife and I were walking along the sidewalk outside of our apartment when my wife's kitten sensor went off. She heard the crying of a small kitten, and she followed her ear to the 3' deep, concrete drainage, that borders the interior of the sidewalk. She looked down into it and saw a small kitten, probably about a month old. She reached down in and pulled it out. It was immediately gracious for the rescue, and became affectionate with both of us right away. We took the kitten home, bathed it, and fed it very well; which means no cat food, only real fish and chicken. "Cat food" is junk food for them, like McDonald's is for humans. No nutrition, just filler.

After having the kitten for a night, it learned that the kitty litter was the proper place to relieve himself and didn't even have a single accident. It was the next morning that I had heard a similar cry coming from outside while I was in our kitchen. I went to our balcony and looked down to the pool area, where I saw a heavy set woman kicking at a small kitten. I yelled down to the woman, "YO", in a very "fuck you" tone, several times. She did not look up, and continued kicking at the kitten who kept trying to approach her. I went down and the kitten was still there. I went and picked it up, and it did not try to evade, whatsoever.

We introduced our two new kittens and saw that this new one was a twin sister to the first one we found. Something must have come up that separated the kittens from their family. We were very pleased to have reunited them together, and the new sister did exactly as the first kitten, and used the kitty litter without a single accident in the house.

I had never thought I was a fan of cats before I had met my wife, but I now realize I love every friendly animal I encounter. That even includes Barry the goat, that I met in Kuantan.

No comments:

Post a Comment