Friday, July 4, 2014

180

On the other side of the world in Malaysia, a lot of things are different than where I am from in Canada. The most noticeable, is that you have to drive on the left hand side of the road; and because of that, your steering wheel has to be on the right side of the car. With the steering wheel on the right hand side, the gear shift stick is on your left hand side. Oh, and for the light switches, down is on, up is off. Those all took me a bit longer to get used to than I expected.

Another thing that really stood out to me when I saw it, was regularly seeing a family of four or five on a moped. Cops will look the other way if they see this too, because the family has no other option to get around. Sure, none of them have helmets on either, but what is the cop going to do, give a ticket to this family who obviously does not have a lot of money?

It is something to get used to when I am immersed into a world so different than my homeland, but it is reassuring to discover that I am adaptable to change, which I hear is a very valuable survival quality.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. Just like Bear says; adaptability is the key to survival.
    Or was it Mickey Brownstone who said that..?
    "Mehhhh"

    ReplyDelete