Thursday, May 22, 2014

Getting to Know Them

I had a short list of people that I have never met, whom I despised. They are all performers who are worldly famous, and super rich. My reasons for hating them were more related to the nature of the media, than for who they are. Some of these people that I hated are Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Justin Bieber. I once saw a magazine cover that listed them as the top earning artists of the world, in the order stated, and that may be related to my decision of hatred. Later on, I heard of a performer named Kesha. She was added to my hate list; which is a very unnecessary list to have.

Here in Malaysia, I watch television again. I hate that about myself, but I cannot fight the urge to do so. In my television watching, I saw appearances of everyone on my list. Lady Gaga did an interview with someone...who I believe was named...Gautier. I saw her much differently after that interview, and thought she was very classy, and elegant, and even, to my surprise, attractive.

Then the next interview I saw was with Katy Perry, who I assumed I would just hate more. It turned out though, that I found her to be really innocent, and much more genuine than I had previously viewed her. I actually felt very sympathetic for her. She got mixed up in the whole jaded music industry because she is actually a genuine musician. After they got a hold of her though, they just exploited her to the full potential.

Then came Justin Bieber, on Ridiculousness, who I only hated for his music. After seeing his appearance, I saw that he is just a normal kid, who is also a genuine musician, that also got exploited to the extreme. The fact that he is also Canadian, and sparked his own discovery with youtube, also earns a little respect from me.

Finally came Kesha, and from my recent experience, I was expecting to hate her less after getting to know her a bit. It turned out that I actually hated her a lot more after seeing an interview. Seriously, the exact opposite happened to what had happened with all of my previous hate-list. I don't want her to be famous anymore. She is really dumb, and a shitty person.

I would like to now apologize to all of the mentioned people. I apologize to the first three for previously hating them, not knowing anything about them except for their popularity. I apologize to Kesha, because after getting to know her a bit better, I genuinely despise who she is as a person. There can be no greater insult than that, so I am truly sorry, Kesha.


No comments:

Post a Comment